Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy pictures

Our dirty little secret: we never really traveled to the Far East. Sigh. It came down to a matter of logistics. The adoption was just so much easier once we learned you can literally get anything made in China directly from Walmart.

SIDE NOTE: This is the only picture we got, because every time we directed the camera his way, he deliberately turned the other way. I don't know if it was his mood that day or what. But he definitely was NOT a fan of being the subject of any photographs. Hmmm...am I seeing a Hendrickson trait developing???? (pun intended)

I've mentioned that our son loves order. He is very meticulous. When he colors with his crayons he pulls one crayon out, colors with it, puts it back in the box, and chooses another. Cycle continues.

When he plays with his toys, he does the same thing. Pulls one toy out, plays with it, puts it back where it came from, then pulls another toy out.

Sniff. It's a beautiful thing. Brings a tear to my eye.

I know all you other parents are seething right now in the grip of the green-eyed monster. Yes, I know how lucky we are. And I fully intend to ensure it continues.

_________

This is Day 2 of him "playing" with his blocks (really more like "organizing"). Apparently he relaxed the rules on Day 2. On Day 1 of Block Building, not only were all the blocks meticulously aligned, they were also sorted by color (all green sides face north, etc).

All the pictures I had taken of Day 1 were scowls so I didn't include them here. But somehow the mood shifted and it was made abundantly clear to me that since I had brought out the camera the last time he sorted blocks, I needed to bring out the camera this time as well. We're nothing if not consistent.


____________
These zoo animal sunglasses were a huge hit (leftover from last year's "It's a Jungle Out There" church booth at the Strawberry Festival). He couldn't get enough of them (or of the camera; that's him trying to take it out of my hands in that last picture).




No comments: